Thank you for the SWEET 16 birthday wishes for my daughter yesterday!
She was touched to read the notes from each of you!
What wonderfully SWEET girls you all are!
I am happy to know you!
This week, we made an EASY, PEASY salad
and included 3 things from our organic garden!
[Mediterranean Combination Salad]
- 3 cups cold, blanched Green Beans
- 3 or 4 quartered Tomatoes (these came from our garden)
- 1 cup FRENCH VINAIGRETTE DRESSING:
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
1/2 small shallot or green onion, peeled and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3T to 4T olive oil
fresh herbs, if desired
- 1 head Boston Lettuce (I used 1/2 of a 10 oz. package of organic baby greens)
- 3 cups cooked, cooled, red Potatoes, cut into 2" chunks
- Lg. can white Tuna, drained, flaked
- 1/2 c. pitted black Olives
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cold, peeled, quartered
- (6-12 canned anchovy filets-we did not use these-Miss A likes them, but the rest of us don't)
- 2-3 TSBP. minced, fresh herbs (we used scallions and thyme from the garden)
Blanching Green Beans:
Drop beans into boiling water for one minute.
Rinse with cool water.
Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
I LOVE black olives! Do you?
Thyme, green onions.
The salade is beautiful!
Drizzle with Vinaigrette Dressing.
We added a loaf of bread w/BUTTER (yum)
and blueberries in (whipped) cream w/mint (from the garden) garnish,
and called it dinner!
This is one wonderful salade!
This is not the first time we have had it,
nor will it be the last.
It is wonderful with the vinaigrette dressing!
Light, crunchy, tangy.
What wonderful summer fare.
Did I mention it was wonderful?
YOU. MUST. MAKE. IT!
We give this:
* * * * *
* * * * *
Till next time,
Bon Appetit, y'all!