This is one of our favorite meals: gingery, peanut buttery yumminess!
This is a roll-up that is hard to describe- you just have to make it!
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, grated (how to buy/use fresh ginger tutorial below)
- 2 cloves garlic (I cheat and use paste)
- 3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 6 Ezekiel 4:9 (or flour) tortillas (What are these?)
- 3/4 cube of Neufchatel (cream) cheese
- Cilantro (as much as your family likes)
- Green onions (as much as your family likes)
Put first 6 ingredients
in small sauce pan and cook on Medium heat.
Stir until blended and it looks like this:
Gather rest of ingredients:
And start layering:
All alone. Sad.
Add a salad. Happy, now. Eat! Enjoy! Yum!
Makes 6 roll-ups. Recipe can be doubled, or tripled or quadrupled, etc.
How to use fresh ginger:
Look for a relatively straight, fat piece, about 4" long.
Break it off from a larger piece of the root.
It should be very firm.
Peel the skin with a paring knife.
Grate with small holes.
You will be left with a clump of pulp which smells divine.
Do not cheat and use powdered ginger.
However, I am a cheater, sometimes, with garlic:
I want you to take wheat and barley, beans and lentil,
dried millet and spelt, and mix them in a bowl to make flat bread. Ezeliel 4:9